How to apply a self-tanner? Prepare your body.
Properly prepared skin is important for getting the perfect result. With our tips, applying self-tanners by TanExpert and MineTan and getting the perfect tan - will be incredibly easy. We encourage you to read the following tips on how to use a self-tanner , which will help you get perfect results each and every time.
- Exfoliate 24 hours before the treatment (e.g., while bathing), paying special attention to elbows, knees, ankles and problematic dry areas (an exfoliating mitt, which you can find in our offer, would be ideal for this),
- shave at least 48 hours prior to the treatment. This allows the pores to close. Otherwise, dark dots may appear on them
- 24 hours before treatment, avoid using soap, shower products with high pH, oil-based products or moisturizers. These products can act as a barrier to the skin, thus blocking the development of fast-acting tanning actives,
- make sure your skin is clean and dry before applying self-tanner. Don't apply moisturizing lotion to your body, except in small amounts on the parts of the body we recommend - that is, on the knees and elbows (this helps avoid an overly intense color; these areas tend to absorb the spray tanning solution more easily),
- do not apply moisturizer, perfume, deodorant or makeup on the day of treatment,